"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shenandoah National Park to Cousin Dan's, Virginia.

My buddy Chad and me just got back from a road trip. We took our bikes to the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia and rode Skyline drive. Then we stopped off and stayed at my cousin Danny's place. From there we hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway for at least 400 miles to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. We rode across the Smokys to a well known bike road called the Tail of the Dragon. I'll be blogging about this 5 day 2,023 mile trip and putting up pictures for the next week or two.




Click here for a link to Shenandoha National Park; http://www.nps.gov/shen/index.htm


That's some rain suite! But wearing the boots all day everyday (as Chad did) and in the blazing hot sun may be a bit much, no? Well not if it keeps the rain away!


My bike at Roanoke Airport where we stopped to meet my cousin.

Danny and my Aunt Mary have over 30 acres of land on the Black River in Virginia. Thanks you all for putting us up and for putting up with us! It was great to see and spend time with you. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon.





Me and Danny James taking a little bike ride. See you soon cousin!

No comments: