"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Denver through Missouri, (American Journey).



After Denver the road was straight and flat all the way through Kansas. Just cornfields, cows and grasslands. Nothing to do but crank the ipod and hammer down!!! When I got into Missouri I started seeing trees again. Not to mention a quick stop in Saint Louis for a view of the Arch at the foot of the Mississippi. I'm deep into the Heartland folks!




A "greasy spoon" but the best place I ate on the road so far.





A corn fire.













3 comments:

AJPnet said...

Hi Frank:
Great shots of the St. Louis Arch!
I was there in 2000, and took the ride to the top. Amazing views... if you have time, go for it.
Yes, I agree - your tour of I-70 was beautiful! I love the shot of the yellow trees on the right of the road. Drive safely, man.
Anthony

AJPnet said...

... and I just saw the picture of your bike with the McCain-Palin sign out front and center! Good job, man!
Anthony

The Ride said...

Thanks Anthony. Yes the arch was cool. I didn’t go into the arch. Parking was tough in the area and I was just passing through. I-70 from CA to Denver is an outstanding ride! If you ever have the opportunity to drive it, do so. Take your time and enjoy the parks and stops along the way. I was driving through Colorado and between Aspen and Vail I stopped for something to eat and saw a Republican headquarters right there. So I stopped in and got some stickers. It’s simple, anybody who wants to raise my taxes is NOT for me!