"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

From sea to shining sea, (American Journey)



Posted by Picasa


At 4,453 miles I ran out of country! Here I am at the Pacific Ocean. I hung a left and started heading south down the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway, California 1). This road is a bikers Dream (minus the 4 wheelers)! Great curves, up and down mountains all on the edge of a cliff 100's of feet above the rocky coast of the Pacific Ocean. It's like a roller coaster at many points. There were 40+ degrees temperature swings. In the fog it was in the 50's and off the mountains it was in the 90's. Temperature swings every 30, 45 minutes to an hour.






Hearst Castle is the palatial estate built by newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst. It is located near San Simeon, California, . Remember Citizen Kane? This is the place. I was surprised to see all the crows around, I remember them from the movie, They are real. Incredible places like this were able to be built because there was no income tax! I went at night so the pictures aren't as good as I would of liked. But you will get the idea.







Did I mentioned that I got that spare gas can while I was in Salt Lake City. Believe me I'm glad to have it!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,

You did it!! Coast to coast.... I always knew you would do it! What a great accomplishment The new slide show presentations are so great for the blog. Easier to show more photos. Saw you in the paper today too!

The Ride said...

Thanks Susan. Glad you like it. I'll try to get more slide shows in.

Unknown said...

hello kiddo, love the video. good work, maybe you can came and work for me. i saw you in the paper also. Well be good.

Unknown said...

opps i forget to mention glad you got a spare for gas. one more thing Hearst Castle is amazing..i have been there. see ya Frankie

The Ride said...

Thanks Mel! I'm glad u r enjoying all the postings. And thanks for the comments. U r doing a great job!