"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Mike Milo (American Journey)

This is my buddy Mike Milo. Me, Mike and the rest of the "Buds" had some crazy adventures in our high school days and soon after. I did some of my first street bike riding with Mike. On a whim he got 2 identical beat up old bikes and we were able to make one street worthy bike out of the two...lol. But I don't think it lasted to long. It was a long way from those bikes to the Harley's.



Mike is an Award-Winning animator/director/writer/producer. Currently he is directing the show Chowder for Cartoon Network.
Most recently he was working in working in conjunction with Rocket Fish Studios directing 5 spots for Salegenie.com which aired during the Superbowl.
Prior to that he was Director of Animation at Gigapix Studios and won a 2nd Emmy award for his storyboarding on Tutenstein.

In 2006, Mike directed a pilot he created called Flavio for Nickelodeon/Frederator. (I wrote the theme song for Flavio and you can listen to the rough cut on "My Original Songs.") He also just finished up producing. directing and animating an 8 minute industrial video for the PHMA. Recently, he collaborated and illustrated a book entitled Ribeye The Bullbarian and the Jewel of Baloni which can be purchased on Amazon. On the side he is actively pitching new and innovative ideas around Hollywood even as we speak!

Mike pointed me in the right direction with this site. You can see everything Mike's been up to on his blog. http://blog.milowerx.com/?page_id=387 Thanks for your help Mike!



I had the opportunity to visit with Mike and his family when I got to the outskirts of L.A. His wife Laura cooked me a great meal. A nice change from all that fast food on the road. Thanks Laura and a shout out to Megan and Melissa! It was nice meeting you both.



9 comments:

Mike Milo said...

Hahah I had forgotten about those old bikes! Man, I remember it caught fire when i was riding it on rt. 17! I had to ride it home with my ass stuck to the seat which was still sticky from the fire! Thanks for visiting us Frankie B.! It was nice! Let's hope we see each other before the next twenty years goes by!

The Ride said...

Lol...that's funny! Thank's for having me. Let's plan some get togethers so it's not 20 years! Don't forhet about Italy. Give my best to all.
P.S. I owe you sushi.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time reminissing about old times. That bike story sounds like a riot! Rte 17??!!!!On fire??!!! OMG! So glad that you got to see Mike after all these years, and got to meet his beautiful wife and daughters.You have spoken so much to me about Mike, it was nice to see pictures of him. I would love to meet him someday. I know the home cooked meal was a real treat! (How was the wine?):) Mike's accomplishments are so impressive, wow! I love the picture you drew of Friskie :) See you soon!!

The Ride said...

Yes he's very accomplished and going strong. Food was great! Wine was good too, espically those that didn't break on the driveway....lol.

Mike Milo said...

Haha1 Yeah we lost a lot of good wine that night. *sniff*. Yeah Susan it would be nice to meet you as well! I don't know how 'accomplished' I am but I do have a great family and a hot wife I love so that's pretty good I guess! I think I'm going to have to write about that bike story on my blog now.

The Ride said...

Go write it! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Mike Milo said...

I just did!
http://blog.milowerx.com/?p=779

Mel Lo said...

i had so much fun thanx for visiting frank, hope you come out soon again!

The Ride said...

I will, thank you! I hope u guys make it out to Jersey someday soon. LBI next summer?