"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home! (American Journey)




I wanted to make it home from the middle of Ohio. Unfortunately I went off course in Columbus but wasn't sure at the time. I left my hotel room at 8:40 AM because I wanted to make good time, but I misjudged the weather. There was dense fog and it was in the low 40's at best! Add that to 65-70 mph when the fog lifted and it was cold! After an hour of riding I had to stop at a Burger King to warm my legs. I hadn't needed anything other then jeans this whole trip for my legs, nor did I bring anything. But I needed it today. After 4 cups of coffee (and another breakfast...shocker!), I put on my rain pants for some extra wind protection. Then I cowboy-ed up and hit the trail. It was a long, hard day of riding, especially when I was so close to home and was looking forward to getting there.





It was fall when I got back home. The leaves are changing and the air is crisp. It's a far cry from the 98 degrees I left in CA. a few short days ago.








I rode about 10 hours and here I am, rode weary and chilly, but home.

Victory!






Check this site tomorrow. I'll be doing a written and photo summery of the whole trip.

9 comments:

Mike Milo said...

Welcome home Bud! Glad you could visit me and see what our soldiers are fighting for. I think a lot of people lose sight of this. Personally I'd be just fine without mosques on every corner and women wearing veils and hair pieces. But that's just me...

Kathie said...

Welcome Frank. Well done. Glad I came along for the ride.

The Ride said...

Thank's Mike. Thank's for all your help and I look forward to our next get together.

The Ride said...

Thank's Kathie, I'm glad you did too. Keep checking back, this is not the end but just the begining. This site will continue to be constantly active. Check back often for new rides and adventures. Next me and some friends will be SCUBA diving on a 550 foot ship wreck in 140 feet of sea water. It’s incredible! I’ve already started to plan next years “American Journey, 2009.” It promises to be another great adventure and a Revolutionary trip!

Anonymous said...

"Home Sweet Home" is right! A big welcome home to you honey. You are my hero! So happy your cross country trip became a reality. I will never forget my experience with you on my leg of the trip. :) Thankyou for that. Happy you are back home safe and sound! You did an amazing job with this blog too. I know you put tremendous work and effort into it so you could share it with everyone.

The Ride said...

Thanks Susan! It was a lot of work but well worth it. I’m glad I was able to share this incredible trip with everyone and thanks for all of your help! You greatly added to the success of this trip.

Mike Milo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well said Mike!! This person is jealous and doesn't really know Frank very well. What a loser!!

The Ride said...

Thanks Mike, thanks Susan. I appreciate your passion in defending me but it’s unnecessary. There will always be those who have nothing better to do then try to tear apart the goals of others, instead of building a quality life of their own and attempt to contribute to the “greater good” as I have tried to do with my efforts here.