"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rocky Mountain High, (American Journey)





I left central Utah and headed for Denver. I spent over 9 hours in the saddle today and made it to Denver. What an unexpected and remarkable ride I had today. I didn't know that I-70 was going to be that scenic, but it was! I-70 east passes through or near no less then a dozen National Parks and Forests including Canyon Lands. The scenery was incredible as it has been on much of this trip. I stayed on 70 and didn't get off at any parks today, but that was okay because the road took me into, through, on top of and around canyons. It was like a smaller version of the Grand Canyon for over 100 miles.





Then I headed into the Rocky Mountains. I passed through or near Aspen and Vail. I had the bike wide open to make it up some of those peaks. Just an incredible ride and sight!



4 comments:

Kathie said...

What a gorgeous country we live in. Thanks to you Frank I've seen just how magnificent the country really is. Going down the NJ Turnpike is going to be a real bland ride from now on, huh? Hope you meet a lot of good people along the way to pass on your message. Be safe!

The Ride said...

Your welcome Kathie! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. Yeah the Turnpike...lol. Well it has it's own charm…Bruce said it best…"Early north Jersey industrial skyline I'm a all-set cobra jet creepin' through the nighttime Gotta find a gas station, gotta find a payphone this turnpike sure is spooky at night when you're all alone
Gotta hit the gas, baby. I'm running late, this New Jersey in the mornin' like a
lunar landscape."
I have been meeting alot of folks along the way and spreading the word. Plus I have been "featured" in 3 news papers and a TV news segment, also I was in 4 other news stories and another TV news story so far. So it’s going well. I hope you can pass the site along as too. Thx.

Anonymous said...

These are truly majestic sights! It's amazing how dramaticaly different the west is from here.

Anonymous said...

These are truly majestic sights! It's amazing how dramaticaly different the west is from here.