"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The "American Journey"



The "American Journey" Begins! I’m riding across the country to remind people to support our brave men and women in the armed forces who everyday put themselves in harms way, especially those who were wounded. They are fighting for our freedom and ideals. The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), is doing great work helping our wounded vets. The WWP seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other locations around the world. You can link to The Wounded Warrior Project through this website by clicking on the WWP logo on the top of the page. I urge everyone to do what they can to support the WWP.

My nephew, Staff Sergeant Richard Bruno, left for Iraq today. I want him and all the people in the military to know that we aren’t forgetting about them. What better way to remind people of what our military is fighting for then to travel around this great land and give everyone a chance to see our nation's treasures with an intimate journey via motorcycle.

During this “American Journey” I will be stopping at some key locations. Some intended stops are Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Monument, Yellowstone National Park, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and many other interesting places. In addition to this I will also be riding through “Small Town America.” I intend on meeting the local folks along the way and experiencing their towns hospitality as well as stops in cities such as Milwaukee, etc… I have guidelines on where to go and what to see but it will be very hands on and flexible. If something looks good that was unexpected I’ll check it out.

You will be able to follow the trip along the way on this website. There will be very frequent updates with photos and blogs. I will be letting the you know what routes are good to ride or drive and the particularly good places I find to eat or experience. Also I will let you know where to go, what to see, do and more. You will be able to make comments and ask questions on the website and I will be answering you.

Enjoy the site and I'll see you out on the road, Frank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I applaud your support for the Wounded Warrior Project. I think it's an awesome thing you are doing for them. I know you have been planning this trip for a while and I am so happy & proud that you are finally doing it. I know you, and I'm confidant that you have this trip very well planned out, for you to cover the most you can, and in a safe way. I know everyone is in for many interesting stories!!( especially how you tell them!!) :) I wish you all the best! Enjoy and be safe. I will miss you!

The Ride said...

Thank you. I'll make sure to tell themthe best I can.