"The Ride" Store. Shirts, hats and more!

"The Ride" Store.  Shirts, hats and more!
Get your "Ride" Shirts and Hats while they last! All profits will be donated. Click on the banner above.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Badlands, SD., (American Journey)

Well, I left my cabin shelter the next day and headed for Badlands, SD. Bruce wrote "800 miles without seeing a cop." Well I went at least 1,200 miles without seeing one. Did I mention that if you can take the wind, the speed limit is 75 mph.




It was still very windy and cool out. Can you tell? Here I am crossing the Missouri River.


As I mentioned the wind is unreal. Forget the windmills in MN. If they put them here in SD they should be able to power the entire Midwest. Here I am with some fellow bikers I met on the road. We were braving the winds and checking out the Great Plains. Thanks for tips about Yellowstone folks!


Bug soup anyone?



Mmmmm, lunch!




Badlands National Park. An awesome ride!!! Don't pass it up.





Prairie Dogs were everywhere.

Anyone home?


I kept seeing these folks in the Badlands then at Mt. Rushmore...hey guys...stop following me...lol.

On the way out of the Badlands I stopped at a popular tourist trap called Wall Drug. But it was actually a good stop. They have everything there and it was interesting.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos... OMG the older boys were following you.. hee hee.. Be careful Frankie..

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome picture of you on the edge of the rocks! Good photographer!:)

The Ride said...

Following me. Obviously impressed with my route...lol.

The Ride said...

How about some bug soup girls???

Anonymous said...

absolutely awsome wish I was there

The Ride said...

You would have loved it out here Chad. Well I got alot of places scoped out to ride now...lol. Keep watching, it gets better!